Sunday, March 1, 2015

Christmas 2014

Well, Christmas 2014 was a blur.  I got very sick just a few days before Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, I was so sick that I couldn't even get out of bed to set up the kids' presents and bake everything I had planned.  I was so disappointed that Christmas wasn't going to include some of the special things that I had hoped for this year.

While I was asleep in bed in a nauseous stupor, Jason (without my asking or prompting whatsoever) took the recipes that I had left in the kitchen, went to the grocery store to buy everything and stayed up until well after midnight cooking.  He also put out all of the children's Christmas gifts and set everything up.  I woke up on Christmas morning to discover that he had assembled the breakfast strata (which involved things like roasting the mushrooms before adding them... not your basic strata) and baked french toast.  I am so incredibly lucky to be married to such a dedicated and loving husband and daddy.

I don't have very much detailed memory of Christmas Day itself.  Grandma and Grandad came over to celebrate with us, which is always a treat.  We were able to eat a delicious meal on the back porch.  I love North Carolina winters.  The kids loved all of their toys.  Miles got a plane that he can assemble and disassemble.



Vivienne got roller skates and a bike and some princesses.


I can't even remember what we got Evelyn, but she seemed happy enough.



I spent most of the day sleeping and feeling like this:


But Christmas was nonetheless a great day to celebrate our Savior and our family and focus on what's really important.  I wish we could carry that into every other day of the year.  In the spirit of that ideal:  Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment