Thursday, November 14, 2013

Potty Training

Potty training has been... well, unpleasant for all of us, I think.  Twins give you twice the love and fun, but also twice the opportunity for potty training accidents and twice as many pairs of pants and underwear to pull up and down and up and down.  They also give you twice as many diapers, though, so getting out of diapers was high on my "to do" list.

After quite a few months, we're virtually accident-free with pee.  That's incredible, because for a while there, I thought we would never arrive at this place.  Vivienne even went #2 in the big potty yesterday (which was the first time EVER)!  Whoohoo! 

Both kids love their little potty., but honestly that thing just grosses me out.  Pouring their business into the toilet to flush it and then cleaning out the little potty is not my favorite thing to do.  However, if that will give them enough of a thrill to use the potty, then I will gladly deal with it instead of dealing with their diapers.  But I'm glad to see that we're getting closer to more use of the regular toilet.  Maybe someday...

(I literally just heard, "Mommy, I need to go poopy!" from the top of the stairs.  I went up and she went again on the big potty!  Make that TWO times that we have poop in the big potty!)

Miles still insists on pooping in a diaper.  This is frustrating for me, but I think this is fairly common and the general consensus seems to be to not make a big deal out of it.  He should outgrow this eventually. 

So, we're getting there.  I have to say that potty training has not been fun, but I think we're past the hump. 

1 comment:

  1. With Adria it was just getting her to poop in the potty just once that really turned things around. I ended up running her mid squat to the toilet her first time. I think I would also dump poop from her underwear into the potty for her to see. All while chanting the mantra of "poo poo goes in the potty". Teaching them to wipe effectively is a whole other battle...good luck.

    ReplyDelete