Sunday, September 2, 2012

Evelyn is 6 Weeks!


Evelyn turned 6 weeks old yesterday.  She has really blossomed over this past week with more coos and her first smile!  I have yet to really capture one of her sweet smiles on camera.  Hopefully I will get one this week.  I did manage to capture this, though:

It's not all rainbows and sunshine, people.

Evie continues to grow.  She is around 10 lb 9 oz now, according to our home scale.  She has gained more than 2 pounds from her birthweight at this point.

She has been sleeping very well, only waking up once (around 3 or 4 am) to eat for the past few nights.  She still has a feeding around 6 or 7 am.  Once that stretches a little bit later, I will be able to sleep in more easily.  

Lately she has been very easy to get to sleep, usually going down around 8:30 without much of a fuss.  Around 7, we start dimming the lights, putting on soothing music and spending time with her on her play mat or bouncy seat.  Then around 8, she gets her final feeding, and we put her down upstairs awake, but drowsy.  This seems to finally be working well.  We're hoping that her bedtime will creep closer to Miles and Vivienne's over time.

Evelyn is starting to lose some of her hair, which makes me a little sad.  Miles and Vivienne both had a "male pattern baldness" stage, but I am still hoping that maybe Evie will be spared.  I love the swirl of her cowlick on the back of her head.  I often gaze at it while we're napping in the afternoons together in my bed.  I remember that my postpartum doula, Pam, used to say that Vivienne's swirl reminded her of Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Love this swirl!


Evelyn is an absolute joy to us, and it's hard to believe that there was ever a time without her here.  She definitely has her own unique look... dark skin and sweet brown eyes.  It should be illegal for a baby to be this beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment