Friday, September 14, 2012

Big Sister

Vivienne is a wonderful big sister.  She is very attentive to Evelyn and sensitive to her crying.  She will often try to comfort and soothe Evelyn when she's crying.  Viv will rock her bouncy seat or stroke her head and say, "Shhhh, baby.  Shhhh."  It's incredibly sweet.  

One morning, while I was getting clothes for the big kids, the baby was fussing in the hallway.  I heard her stop crying, and then I heard her cough a little bit.  When I went to check on her, I saw that Vivienne had her finger in her mouth.  We frequently put our pinkies in Evelyn's mouth upside down to pacify her.  Vivienne even had her little hand upside down, and she was shushing the baby.  It was so sweet.

The problem is that Viv doesn't know to not put her finger way down Evelyn's throat and gag her.  Also, Vivienne's hands are not the cleanest, so unfortunately we need to discourage her from doing this.

I have to say that I'm thrilled that Miles and Vivienne love their baby sister.  There is very little jealousy right now, and I'm thankful for that.  We'll see how the sibling rivalry plays out over time.

1 comment:

  1. We taught Adria to sing to comfort Austin. She does it in the car all the time. Maybe you could have Viv do that instead?

    ReplyDelete