Saturday, August 25, 2012

Only One Feeding

Pretty much since our second or third night with Evelyn, she has only woken us up 2 times per night to eat.  I have to say that I consider myself fairly lucky, because having twins was completely different (think 3-4 feedings per night for at least a month if not longer) and most singletons nurse more than that in the beginning.

For the past couple of weeks, she will usually eat around 9 pm and then wake again around 2 or 3 am.  After that, she would wake up around 6 am for her last feeding.  I guess if we actually got up at 6 am, I could have considered those to be "one feeding nights," but we don't usually get up until 7 or 7:30, so I think that would be cheating.

Last night, she ate around 9 pm, slept until 4 am and then didn't eat again until 7:30 after we woke up.  It feels so good to only wake up one time in the middle of the night.  Hopefully she will sleep through the night soon, but I shouldn't get my hopes up because she is only 5 weeks old, after all.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, we can't wait for those overnights to get down to one or two!! Those are such good days. 9 to 4 is awesome. Sounds like some good sleeping over there!

    ReplyDelete