Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Beginnings

It is hard to believe that our baby girl could make her grand entrance any day now.  While I am eager to finally meet her face to face, I am certainly going to miss feeling her in my belly.  At this very moment, I can feel her moving around, pushing her feet against my left side.  I'm going to miss the connection of having this tiny new life growing inside of me.  It is a connection that seems indescribable.  I'll miss feeling my belly bounce with each little hiccup.  I'll miss feeling her bottom bulging out on my right side.  I know that my connection with her will evolve when she is born and I am able to snuggle her and nurse her, but I will definitely miss the wonder and awe of pregnancy.  The knowledge that this is probably my last pregnancy makes me even more aware that this time is coming to a close.  I am so thankful for the blessing of carrying my three children.  It has been one of the most profound experiences of my life.  The good news is that this ending is going to be an incredible new beginning.

I sing for joy at the works of Your hands. ~ Psalm 92:4

No comments:

Post a Comment