Friday, July 13, 2012

38 Weeks

I'm 38 weeks today.  I went for my weekly OB appointment, and everything looks good.  I'm up 30 pounds now - hoping to try to hover there until the end, though the swelling might push me up further.  My blood pressure was 112/78, which is actually really high for me, but they still said it was great.  I'm about 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced, which basically means nothing.  Even if I were 4 cm dilated, I could walk around like that for weeks, so checking at this point in the pregnancy isn't really incredibly useful.  It was a pretty uneventful checkup.  Baby girl seems to be staying put for now, which is great.

Unfortunately, I seem to have a setback on the head cold front.  I thought I was finally conquering it, but I went to sleep last night with a splitting headache (the kind that you feel in your eyeballs), and woke up with the same headache.  It hasn't really gone away today despite taking more medicine.  I'm hoping that this is just a mild setback and that tomorrow I'll feel more human again.

Well, Miles and Viv are taking their naps, so I should go lie down while I still have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment