Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Gardening Staff

At the end of the day, Miles, Vivienne and I are often found tending to our little garden.  We have lots of different kinds of plants throughout the yard, and the kids tend to be very enthusiastic about helping me.  They love to pick up mulch and throw it (often throwing it on themselves).  Lately, Miles has enjoyed filling the dust pan with mulch or dirt and dumping it on himself.  When I'm weeding, they love to help me pull up the plants, or sometimes they get lazy and just start throwing all the mulch into the trashcan (A for effort, right?). 

While I was pulling up the pansies to plant some begonias and polka dot plants in the front of the house a couple weeks ago, Vivienne was very excited to help.  She got her little spade and started digging away!  So far, she seems much more skilled with removing plants than installing them.



1 comment:

  1. Adorable helpers. I guess you might lose a flower or two in this process, but they're awfully sweet to dig and mulch with you :)

    ReplyDelete