Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday Date

On Saturday, I turned 33 years old.  I don't feel old, so I have no qualms about stating my age.  Hopefully, I'm a young, energetic 33!  Anyway, my parents gave me a gift card to the movies so that Jason and I could go see The Hunger Games.  I read the first two books of the series over the past month or so and really enjoyed them.

On Saturday night, they offered to babysit the kids so that we could go out.  This certainly felt indulgent, considering that we just returned from a 5-day trip to Boston (with my parents watching the kids the entire time).  We went to a wonderful dinner and then out to the movies.  This was the first time that Jason had seen a movie in a North Carolina theater, and only my second time.  We have lived here for about 3.5 years, and we have never gone to the movies.

It was fun to sit in the stadium seating waiting for the movie to start.  One of the previews had an actress in it that we just couldn't place.  Jason asked me,"Where do I know her from?"  All I could remember was that her character (in whatever we had seen her in) had been very stylized and that she was singing.  Then it dawned on me.  "Sesame Street, Jason.  She was on Sesame Street."  My, how our lives have changed!

Sutton Foster and Elmo.  She love, love, loves a lever.  She's a lever lover through and through.
 Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the gift card and the night out for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment