Thursday, February 9, 2012

As If the Pneumonia Were Not Enough...

More blue ribbon parenting today...

The kids have shown more interest in the potty lately, so they often follow me in there.   They like to pull off the pieces of toilet paper and flush the toilet.  (Exciting, I know!!)  Today they both were in there, and I was trying to get them out.  Vivienne walked out first, but Miles dragged behind, wanting to get more toilet paper.  I eventually ushered him out of the bathroom door and shut the door.  I completely shut the door.  I mean, the door latched. 

Then I turned around behind me and saw Vivienne doing the silent scream.  Her little fingers were in the door - on the side with the hinges.  I had shut the door on her tiny fingers.  I quickly picked her up.  She was crying so hard that she was shaking.  I knew that it hurt and there was nothing I could do about it.  She cried and I cried and tried to soothe her (which probably did nothing for her really, but at least made me feel a little better). 

It didn't break the skin, but made some bad indentations.  She was using her fingers to hold onto her Piglet, so I knew that they weren't broken.

It's been a rough couple of days around here.

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby, I hope she feels better soon. I think there is a bad bug going around, Austin got a double ear infection and Drew got a sinus infection. I am ready for cold season to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that makes ME want to cry! Those are the worst feelings, when you accidentally do something that makes one of your babies hurt. I feel for you and Vivienne, it's definitely been a rough few days. I'm sure she forgot about it quickly, and like you said, those sweet fingers were holding piglet, so all will be well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete