Sunday, January 1, 2012

Why I Blog

I guess there are quite a few reasons why I blog.  Neither of our families (actually not a single person in either of our families), lives in North Carolina.  Our families are mainly in Indiana, Georgia and Florida.  I like having a way for them to stay up-to-date on the kids, and the grandparents especially love seeing pictures of them.

I also blog because I enjoy writing about our day-to-day lives.  I enjoy writing about how my children are learning and growing and blossoming into the unique little people that God created them to be.  I have never been able to keep a written journal for more than 3 days, so I am proud of myself for keeping this up for so long.

The main reason that I blog is that I want my kids to be able to look back and read about their milestones, see pictures of themselves growing up with their siblings, know what their mom was thinking and feeling, read letters that I have written specifically about and to them.  In this age of digital photography, I worry that many of our photos will either be lost or that there will be so many photos that we could never sift back through them, so it is important to me to save them somehow.

I guess you could say that this blog is my love letter to my children.  I have printed two books from the blog so far - one of the pregnancy and one of the first year of Miles and Vivienne's lives.  My intention is to keep doing this for as long as I can (or until blogs become obsolete and there is some newfangled way to record thoughts and photos).

(My books have come from www.blog2print.com - they do all the formatting for me.  It makes these books relatively effortless to create.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of doing a blog to print thing at some point - good to know someone who has actually done it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all of that...I pretty much have the exact same reasons. Long distance family, because I enjoy it, and for the kids.

    I also wonder what the end-date is going to be...and a good part of me suspects that I'll be forced to quit (or at least stop publishing to the public Internet) by the kids at some point, who don't want pictures of themselves in PJ's or their elementary school report card results posted on the Web. I suspect that I can keep it up forever, since photography was my hobby long before the kids came along.

    ReplyDelete