Monday, January 2, 2012

First Day Running

Today was Jason's first day back at work.  It was sad to be home without him.  We have gotten spoiled by the past 10 days that we have had with him home. 

Luckily, I was feeling really good today - almost completely normal.  *insert Hallelujah Chorus*  It was a little chilly (high of 45 degrees), but I decided to try to take the babies for a jog after our 2-hour nap.  (Yes, you read that right.  A TWO HOUR NAP.  It was life changing.)  I ran 4 miles.  Well, I basically jogged (something like a 10:30 to 10:45 pace) for 3.5 miles and then partially walked the last half mile.  My overall pace was something like 11:15. 

Even though today was crazy slow, I was glad to be back on my feet and getting my blood pumping.  I could totally tell the difference being a pregnant jogging momma.  My breath is shorter and my heart rate rises more quickly with less exertion.  I can definitely sense the changes in my respiratory and circulatory system.  It's surprising, because I don't really look very pregnant yet, but I sure feel pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment