Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chick-fil-a Daredevils

I almost forgot to write about this.  A couple weeks ago, after lunch at Chick-fil-a with some friends of ours, all the kids went into the play area to let off some steam.  The other children were about 9 months, 3, 4, and 5 years old.  The 9-month old just practiced his pulling up on the floor, and the big kids climbed on up into the play structure.  Well, within about 5 minutes, Miles and Vivienne were climbing to the stop of the play structure on their own.  Before I knew it, Vivienne was SLIDING DOWN THE SLIDE with the older kids. 

How did this happen?!?  Just a few days ago, my babies couldn't even crawl.  And now they're climbing up two stories and sliding down slides in play structures where they can't even really see me on the ground.  (Well, Miles just kept climbing up and down, but he wasn't ready to slide on his own yet.)  Vivienne is typically a bit more adventurous than Miles, though neither of them are afraid of much at this point.  I'm sure they will experience an automatically flushing toilet someday and suddenly be afraid of all public toilets or something like that.  But for now, not much makes them uneasy.

It's fun to watch my babies turning into little children.  I think it's easier knowing that another baby is just around the corner.  Now, when THAT baby starts growing up, we might have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. I know, its been hard at times thinking Austin will probably be my last and he is growing so fast. But thinking I might not have to carry around a diaper bag one day is kinda a nice thought.

    ReplyDelete