Saturday, September 24, 2011

Painted Hutch

I painted my grandmother's hutch a little over a month ago, but I forgot to post it.  Here is what the hutch looked like before: 


I needed a better place to store my piano music.  I used to have it on an open bookshelf, and it was kind of sloppy and cluttered:



I removed the hutch top and then sanded, primed and painted the base.  I think it is a major improvement from the original hutch and it looks way better than my old music bookshelf.  I don't have a great picture of it (because it's hard to get a photo with the piano in the middle of the room), but here it is underneath my new book wreath:

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I almost commented on the cool furniture and phone in the last post, but it's even more impressive that YOU did that. You are like Martha Stewart. And if you call that shelf "cluttered," oh man, I've got serious cleaning to do.

    ReplyDelete