Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Miles and Vivienne's First Earthquake

What?  That's a milestone, isn't it?



The babies had their first earthquake just before 2 pm today.  Unfortunately, they slept through all the fun.  I was watching TV and eating lunch, and I heard the house kind of "crack" upstairs and then I noticed the cracking noise moved to the family room and the blinds were swaying just enough that you could see it.  I thought maybe it was a strong wind, but then I noticed that the trees outside were dead still.  I didn't think much of it.  Then Jason called from work and told me that there was a 5.9 magnitude quake with its epicenter in Virginia.  It just didn't occur to me that we could even have earthquakes here.  This one felt small compared to some of the ones that I have felt in California, but it was still very cool.  However, I'm sure it was much more significantly felt by our friends in Virginia.

Hurricane Irene is supposed to come through the Carolinas this weekend.  It's a week of natural disasters!  Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment