Sunday, July 10, 2011

Copperheads

Last week, while I was running with the babies, we saw this guy (a copperhead) crossing our path ahead.  It was probably just under 3 feet long.  Unfortunately, we had to scoot around it (on the head side instead of the tail side), because it was just frozen in place.  Luckily, it didn't seem to mind too much and let us path uneventfully.


Yesterday, I saw another one while I was running by myself (after the babies went to bed).  It had already passed across the path, and it was slithering away into the woods.

I love snakes, but I don't want to have any close encounters with these copperheads after hearing a story about a guy from our church who was bit in the hand (resulting in at least 1 night in the hospital, maybe more?).

No comments:

Post a Comment