Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Running Record

I broke a new record for myself today.  I went for a run while Jason stayed home with the babies.  I went 4 miles at an 8:29 pace.  This is the fastest that I have EVER run 4 miles, even before I had Miles and Vivienne.  It was helpful to have a nice, cool day and an awesome soundtrack (Glee, U2, Tommy Walker).  I spent most of my run thinking about all the things in my life that I have to be thankful for.

It feels incredibly rewarding to know that I can accomplish new goals even with my post-twin-pregnancy body.  I remember wondering if I would ever be able to run fast again.  8:29 may not be fast for some, but it is definitely fast for me.  I seriously almost cried when I hit "stop" on my GPS at the end - just really happy.  =)

When I run I feel His pleasure.  ~ Chariots of Fire

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this post, with that ending quote makes me want to start running again. Reading that makes me remember how good it felt to have my feet pounding the pavement. It was many moons ago, but hopefully I can get back in the groove...
    Great job by the way!

    ReplyDelete