Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking Back

Recently, I've been noticing how quickly the past 8 months have gone by.  Tomorrow, Miles and Vivienne will already be 8 months old.

It seems like just yesterday they were these adorable, bald, quiet little babies.  I remember wondering what their voices would sound like and thinking that I just couldn't wait to hear them make some sounds or say some words.  Now, they have heads full of hair and they laugh and squeal and babble all day long.  I love hearing them chattering away in the back of my car while we're out running errands or going to a friend's house.

Just a Couple Days After They Were Born - Our Little Berries
Going Home From the Hospital (Miles Barely Fits in His Seat)

Viv was so tiny (and so unhappy)!


It seems like just yesterday that we had to support their heads and hold them in the baby bath tub to keep them from slipping underneath the water.  Then, they grew stronger and I was excited that I could hold them without having to hold up their heads.  I remember thinking that it was going to be great when they could sit up on their own without needing us to hold them.  Now, they can sit up on their own for virtually unlimited amounts of time, occasionally toppling over if they overestimate their reach to grasp that one irresistible toy.  They bathe in the big bath tub with mommy, sitting up on their own and playing with their bath toys.

Viv Standing at Her Musical Table

Hanging Out with Chloe

My Beautiful Boy


It seems like just yesterday that they could only wear premie clothes and 3-month clothes seemed enormous.  The 3-month clothes have now been packed away for quite a while.  Miles is almost exclusively wearing 9-month clothes and Vivienne is starting to outgrow some of her 6-month clothes.

Viv eating her sock after our walk yesterday.

Isn't she lovely?

Sweetest Boy in the World

I remember being so sad during the first couple of weeks after the hospital - lamenting the passing of our time in the hospital with them (thinking that we would never get that time back), sad that their first week was already over.  I was an emotional wreck in great part due to the hormonal changes of having just had twins.  Now, almost 8 months later, I realize that I fall more in love with Miles and Vivienne with each passing day.  I am sad to let go of the time that has passed - each moment that I will never get back again - but I love to watch them grow and develop.  It's so amazing to discover their personalities.  They have so much spunk for such little people.  I can't wait to see who they become.

1 comment:

  1. beautifully expressed. I feel the same way! So precious, so fun, and so fast. We really just have to soak in as much as we can with these awesome little babies.

    ReplyDelete