Monday, January 10, 2011

Toddler Radio

I'm not afraid to admit it.  I've started listening to Toddler Radio on Pandora.  I've found that I need a little background music when I'm home and trying to entertain these two babies all day.  This station is a great combination of Mommy/Daddy music (Train, Bob Marley, Straight No Chaser) and kid music (Raffi, The Wiggles, The Muppets, etc).  Maybe it's because I'm a new mom, but I really don't find the kid music all that annoying yet.  I guess the good thing about Pandora is that it mixes it up, so it's not like I'm listening to same CD over and over and over in the car (which I'm sure I will be doing in a few short years).

Before the babies were born, Jason hooked us up with some surround sound speakers and a receiver that I can plug my iPhone into.  It's been fun to sing to the babies, learn new songs and shake my groove thing a little bit each day.  Good thing the babies aren't old enough to be embarrassed of me yet.  =)

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - some of their toys that play music are annoying, but the silence seems boring sometimes. I'll have to check that out. I listen to NPR podcasts occasionally, and they seem to enjoy getting their news updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the opposite was true. At first all the toddler music was really annoying then Adria started responding to it and then Drew and I started to like the songs. And the kids dictating what CDs you listen to in the car is not years away, try six months. The next six months are going to be exciting ones, I bet both of your kids will be walking and talking by then. Are you going to start solids in a week? Use the sign language book I gave you when you do and they will start communicating in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're probably going to wait until after their 6-month appointment (Jan 25) to start solids. We're looking forward to the sign language! =)

    ReplyDelete