Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Forget the Cover!

Ironically, I wrote a post about cloth diapering yesterday.  Today, I got up and changed both babies' diapers while my husband was out on a run.  (Jason got up at 6 am to run 16 miles.  I would have joined him, but I was willing to take the sacrifice of sleeping in to stay with the babies.) 

As I was taking Miles up for his first nap, I thought his bum felt slightly damp underneath his footed sleeper.  I thought I must be imagining things, because I had just changed his diaper.  When Miles woke up from his nap, Jason was home and he went in to pick him up out of the crib.  Jason mentioned to me that Miles' bum felt a bit damp.  When he opened the sleeper to change the diaper, he figured out why...

I had forgotten to put a cover over Miles' diaper.  I guess I should have read my own cloth diapering post more carefully!

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised you have not made this mistake before. Drew and I did it twice when Adria was only a few weeks old, both when our moms were watching her during the night. "Mom, why is Adria in all new clothes?" Both moms in the nicest way told us that 'someone' had forgotten to put on a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know we're not the only ones!!

    ReplyDelete