Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy 5 Months!

How in the world can Miles and Vivienne be 5 months old already?  It is so hard to believe that 5 months have already passed.  They have grown in so many ways over this time.

Miles was particularly cute today.

Miles is now 16 lbs. 1 oz.  When he was born, he weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz.  He's gained 9 lbs. 7 oz. in 5 months (and that's if you don't count from his lowest weight - somewhere around 5 lbs. 13 oz.).  He is rolling from his tummy to his back all the time now.  He seems to have truly mastered the skill of using his weight (mainly his big ol' head) to get him rolling.  He isn't able to go from his back to his tummy just yet, though.  He is babbling and getting better with his hands every day.  Today, he was sporting a wee bit o' plumber's crack...

Baby Plumber

Viviene is also growing like a weed.  She weighs 13 lbs. 11.5 oz.  When she was born, she weighed 5 lbs. 14.5 oz., so she has gained 7 lbs. 13 oz. since her birth weight.  She is really teasing us by not rolling over at all yet.  We can't wait to see her learn to flip herself over like her brother.  Vivienne loves to laugh!  We tickle her frequently, and she just squeals in delight.  It's a sound that brings joy to my heart.  Here is our baby girl just this afternoon:

I think I might keep these blue eyes!
I had been looking at doing some hand print ornaments for the babies' first Christmas, but I couldn't decide whether I wanted to give it a try or not.  After reading a friend's blog who made some for her twins, I decided I couldn't resist.  These are a great way to commemorate their first Christmas (outside the womb, at least) and have something to help us remember just how tiny their hands once were.  *sniff, sniff*  Here are our ornaments:



2 comments:

  1. Oh, the pink and blue ribbons are a great idea! I just used the standard boxed ones. Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such tiny little hands! I love those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete