Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy 16 Weeks!

I'm not sure when I'm going to cut out this "week" stuff with Miles' and Vivienne's age.  I think after 4 months, I'll start to say their age in months.

They turned 16 weeks today.  Luckily, we got a great night of sleep last night, with them really only waking up twice.  They went to sleep around 7, and then we went to sleep around 10.  They woke us up at 10:30 to eat, and then they woke up again at 2:30 to eat.  Then they slept until around 7 this morning.  All in all, it was a good night and I'm hoping that this means that we're over the hump as far as the frequent night waking goes.

Vivienne is still laughing a lot.  She loves to kick her little feet like crazy.  Miles is doing great at lifting his head and pushing with his arms during tummy time, but he hasn't rolled over again since the first morning he did it.  Maybe it was an anomaly.  It's weird, though, because he did it 4 times that morning, and he hasn't done it since then.

We tried putting Miles in the Ergo carrier this evening for our walk, but he wasn't having it.  We're still not sure whether it was just bad timing (just a fussy time) or whether he doesn't like the Ergo right now.  Jason put him in the Baby Bjorn and he was fine for about another hour to visit our neighbors and take a walk.

Mommy and Viv in the Moby Wrap

Am I cute or what?

Miles in his outfit from Grandma

Cutest.  Baby.  Ever.

Jason and I have repeatedly talked about how weird it would be if we only had one baby.  We're so used to having two car seats in the car, two infant carriers, a double stroller, having a baby for each of us to hold or carry.  We're just so accustomed to having our two babies.  When I have spoken to friend who are pregnant, I will say things about when their "babies" come (oops!).  If we have Baby #3 someday, I think it will take me a little while to figure out that I only have one baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment