Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Answered Prayer

I was walking with the babies yesterday afternoon.  We were walking down a lush, green tree-lined neighborhood street right after the rain.  You could still smell the rain in the air, and I was hoping that a nearby thunderstorm would decide not to cross our path while we were out.

While we were walking, I couldn't help but to think back a couple of years at the things that I had prayed for.  I prayed for a home in a good neighborhood with a yard - an affordable home that would allow me to stay home with my children.  I prayed for a baby - a perfect little combination of Jason and me, someone that I could love for the rest of my life and pour myself into, the first of hopefully a few (maybe two or three) children.

Now, here I am 2 years later, walking down a tree-lined street on a weekday afternoon, pushing my double stroller, with the two most beautiful babies I have ever seen.  God is good.  He answers prayers.  I have two living pieces of evidence right here in my family room.

3 comments:

  1. It's crazy how much your life can change in a year or two. I keep on thinking how lucky it is that you and Jason met. You guys are so perfect for each other, no wonder you guys made perfect children. Yay Foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that as I walked out of the girls room after getting them down for a nap I was thinking much along the same lines. Oh how good God is at answering our prayers! Even better than we dare to imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys. We feel the same way. It's good to look back and see in retrospect all of the ways God is working and has worked for our good. Also - loving this cooler weather, it's nice to get out for walks while we can!

    ReplyDelete