Wednesday, July 7, 2010

35 Weeks!

We're at 35 weeks today!  We're so happy to have gotten this far.  We're hoping to get to next Wednesday (36 weeks), but we'll have to see what happens.  Jason and I both feel like we would totally ready if the babies came after the 36 week mark.  If they came now, we would both feel ok about it, but we would really like to get to next Wednesday.  I think we can make it!

I'm feeling pretty good these days.  I'm much more tired now, but I wouldn't say that I feel exhausted (unless I go out in this triple-digit heat we're having!). 

We finally figured out that the bulging (which we thought was the babies themselves) is actually my uterus contracting.  When it contracts, it gets extremely distorted, mainly bulging out where the babies are.  But the babies aren't causing it - it's the contractions that are causing it.  So I think I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions for a long time, but I just didn't know what they were.  They don't hurt, but they're not exactly comfortable.  It feels tight and sometimes it feels like it restricts my lungs a lot.  We got up to 4 BH contractions in one hour on Sunday night, but I think that's because I was dehydrated.  I drank a ton of water and they subsided.  So now when I feel them coming on, I just try to drink a lot of water.  The OB office told us to call them if we have more than 5 or 6 in one hour.  Otherwise, they said to just drink a bunch of water and lie on my left side.  Needless to say, out toilet paper and water expenditure has increased from all the flushing.  This is not eco-friendly.  =)

4 comments:

  1. Yay 35 weeks!!! Praying for 36...
    (and comfort for you of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you today and how today marks 35 weeks. :) Hope it cools down.....a little anyway. Hoping and praying you go for 38 .......at least 36.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making it to 35 weeks! Our prayers are with you all for making it a week (or a few weeks!) more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see naming the boy Braxton, though it seems unusual. But naming the girl Hicks? Come on! You guys can do better than that!

    ReplyDelete