Throughout the day, both children asked me many questions about the babies. Caleb has been fascinated by my gigantic belly, and his mom tells me that he has frequently prayed for the "babies in Miss Leslie's belly" during his bedtime prayers.
Kylie asked me so many questions this week. I just had to post some of them:
- Miss Leslie, why do you walk funny now?
- Why do you walk so slow?
- Miss Leslie, why do the babies make you so tired?
- Why are you hot all the time?
- When the babies pop out of your tummy, will we be able to see your stomach?
- Are you going to stay at the hospital?
- We're not going to stay at the hospital, are we?
- When the babies pop out of your belly, will it make a loud noise? (I think she thinks it will actually make a popping sound.)
- Why do the babies kick you?
- Is it dark in there?
- How big will the babies be? Will they be this big? (She holds her fingers about a millimeter apart.) Will they be THIS big? (She holds her arms open wide. I assure her that the babies are somewhere in between the two sizes.)
I'm looking forward to being back to the energetic "Miss Leslie" that used to be able to play more actively with Kylie and Caleb when I hang out with them. At least Mr. Jason compensates for my lack of "pep" when he is able to play, too.