Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Countdown Begins

We had another busy weekend, counting down the weeks until our babies are out here with us.  We spent some time working on the nursery baseboard (installed quarter-round after we put in the laminate, but we still need to patch a couple small holes and paint it).  The nursery mural is almost finished.  I can't wait to post pictures of it.

On Friday night, we made homemade chocolate chip cookies for the Durham Rescue Mission.  Our life group served dinner there on Saturday night.  Saturday morning, we had a maternity shoot at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens.  These gardens are absolutely beautiful, and admission is free.  If you live near the gardens and you have not been, it is definitely worth the trip.  Our shoot was from 9 am to 10 am, and I was nearly melting at 10 am.  I think my feet and hands were swollen to about twice their normal size.  When we get the digital images from the shoot, I'll definitely post them.

Today, we started the day by going to CVS for a diaper deal.  I got 7 jumbos of Huggies and Pampers (usually around $10 or $11 each) for $18 total!  These would usually be about $75 retail.  It was amazing.  The Huggies were on sale for $8.50 and then I had a $3 off coupon for all the Huggies.  The Pampers were on clearance for $2.99 each!  Then I had a $1 Extra Bucks coupon, a $10 coupon for doing a CVS survey online, and a $4 off $20 purchase coupon.  Pretty good deal, huh?!  I think we have about a month to a month and a half of newborn size diapers now, so I'll probably start looking for Size 1s.  I don't think we'll have any problem using the newborn sizes up, considering that we'll use somewhere between 16 and 24 diapers a day (500 - 750 diapers in the first month alone).  We would eventually like to consider switching to cloth diapers, but we're going to have to play that by ear.

After church, we finished up odds & ends here around the house, including finishing a shadow box of Jason's Ironman bibs, swim caps and medals.  This has been on our list of to-do's for about 8 months.  I'm so proud of all that Jason has accomplished.  Here is our finished shadow box:


And here is what my belly looks like at 31.5 weeks:


My belly button still hasn't popped, but it's about flush with my belly now.  It gets more and more shallow by the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment