Wednesday, June 23, 2010

33 Weeks

We're 33 weeks today.  I can't believe it.  It's getting so close now.

We had another growth scan yesterday.  Our little girl is up to 4 lb 2 oz (32nd percentile).  The little guy is only at 3 lb 9 oz (16.7th percentile).  They also took another cervical length measurement, and it's down to 2.5 cm.  That's right at the edge of where they want it to be (anywhere 2.5 cm or higher).

 The ultrasound tech asked when our next OB appointment is.  We told her that it's a week from Friday.  She sent us upstairs to see the OB so that they could review the ultrasound results.  When we got up to the OB office, it was locked.  Go figure that the only time we get "sent upstairs" unexpectedly, the office is closed because they are all in CPR training.

We waited a few minutes while our doctor drove in.  That was a little nerve-wracking, because the ultrasound tech couldn't really tell us anything.  After the OB got there, he did a fibronectin test to see if there were any indications that I was going to go into pre-term labor.  (He said that he's more concerned about the cervical length than the little guy's small size.  That was good to hear, because I worry about the babies being strong and healthy.)  The fibronectin test came back negative, which is good - meaning that it's highly unlikely that I would go into labor within the next 1 to 2 weeks.  Regardless, I'm supposed to try to take it easy and put my feet up as much as possible.  We'll be at 34 weeks next week, so I'm glad to know that we'll probably at least get to 34 weeks, and hopefully we'll get to 36 weeks.

Despite the fact that our son is half a pound behind his sister, what he lacks in size he makes up for in spunk.  Jason and I said this in unison yesterday while we were going from the ultrasound lab up to the OB office.  He certainly moves around a whole lot more than his sister.  I'm thankful for that, because it gives me reassurance that he's healthy and strong.

We also found out yesterday that I'm about half a centimeter dilated.  They are both still head down (I have no idea how they would possibly have room in there to flip at this point), so we're still hoping for a vaginal delivery.  There is some possibility that she could flip around after he comes out ("wow, it's so roomy in here now!").  I'm praying for that not to happen.

The scale said 199.5 this morning.  I'm hanging on to 200 lbs by just a thread... literally. But I'm a walking party-of-three, so I feel just fine about it.  It's hard to believe that we're going to meet our little burritos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment