Friday, March 26, 2010

When Are You Due?

A lot of people ask me when I'm due, and I have a hard time answering this question.  My normal "singleton" 40-week due date would be August 11.  Singletons are considered "full term" at 40 weeks.  But twins are considered "full term" at 37 weeks, which would give me a date of July 21.  So I guess my actual due date is July 21.  Some physicians will induce if twins go much beyond that - I think this is because they run out of room to grow.

Anyway, so for everyone out there wondering, I guess my due date is July 21.  I'm going to try to remember to ask my doctor about this at my next doctor's visit next week.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day to be born! That's Josh & my wedding anniversary. :) Plus it means you won't be going through the hottest months of summer preggo! Can't wait for these little ones to arrive!

    ReplyDelete