Friday, March 12, 2010

Kicks or Vampire Nightmares?

SPOILER ALERT:  THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CONTAINS A SPOILER ALERT FOR THE TWILIGHT BOOK/MOVIE SERIES.  IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO READ THEM OR WATCH THEM, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO READ THIS.

So I'm reading the last book in the Twilight series - the books about teenage vampires.  I know, I know... this may be somewhat juvenile of me, but they are pretty entertaining.  =)

In this book, the main character marries a vampire and basically becomes pregnant with a vampire baby. The vampire baby breaks her ribs, her pelvic bones and her spine as it's kicking her from inside her belly.  It's really not quite as morbid as it sounds (everything turns out ok in the end), but it's pretty bizarre.

So I'm reading this, and then I fall asleep.  Sometime that night, I either felt one of my babies kick, and I woke up.  Or I dreamed that this happened.  I'm not sure whether it was real or whether I dreamed it.  I have no context to the supposed "kick" whatsoever except for remembering the way it felt either in my dream or in real life (I'm still not certain which one it was).

I often dream things that directly relate to whatever I read or watched the day before, so this would not be surprising.  I also haven't felt any kicking since then, so maybe it was just a weird vampire baby dream.

Vampire twins... now THAT would be a handful...

1 comment:

  1. Um, we may have to re-evaluate our friendship with you (in the interest of protecting our children of course) if you had vampire twins...
    ;)
    And FYI, New Moon was playing on the flight home as one of the selections. After I watched The Blindside twice, I gave in to the hype and checked it out. Now I guess i need to go back and watch the first one.

    ReplyDelete