Wednesday, March 24, 2010

20 Weeks - Halfway There!

We're at 20 weeks today.  By normal pregnancy standards, that would be our half-way point.  But because I'm having twins, I'm probably slightly beyond the half-way point.  The average twin pregnancy is about 36 weeks.  That would make my real half-way point at 18 weeks.

Of course, it's impossible to tell how many weeks I'll go before I meet these babies face to face.  If they're growing, then going the full 40 weeks would be great!  Well, it would be great for them but probably not so comfortable for me.  I'm just hopeful that they get the best possible outcome, even if I'm ridiculously uncomfortable.

The babies are supposed to be the size of a cantaloupe or a banana by now (depends on which book you're reading and what kinds of fruit they prefer, I guess).  I'm glad that we've passed the mango point.  I think we had mangoes in there for at least 2 or 3 weeks.  Though mangoes are one of my favorite fruits...

My dad is visiting my brother and my sister-in-law this week.  She is due in early June, and he said that we look like we're about the same size.  I read somewhere that I should probably look like a pregnant mommy of a singleton who is 6-8 weeks ahead of me, so I suppose that's just about right.

I continue to feel them move, and it's just the neatest thing.  They have been pretty snoozy this morning, but I'm sure they will be swimming around more by tonight.  They seem to move the most in the morning and at night.

We had a gentleman from our church come to talk to us about painting a mural in the nursery.  He is a retired IBM employee, and he's a wonderful artist.  He painted many of the rooms in the children's area at our church.  He has some great ideas, and he's going to come back to us with a sketch and an estimate.  We have no idea how much this type of thing will cost.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be too expensive.  We have a much lower threshold for cost now with our huge income change right around the corner (and 25 diapers a day)!  But it would be so neat to have their room painted up.  If we do that, I'll post some pictures, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment