Friday, January 8, 2010

How Many??

We went in for our first ultrasound this past Tuesday. I was excited, but I was also nervous. Some part of me wondered if I would get there and they would tell me that I'm somehow not even pregnant (which is clearly impossible with the ridiculous amoung of so-called "morning sickness I'm having... which does NOT only strike in the morning). I also worried that they would say that something was wrong with the baby.

The doctor started by taking us through all the standard questions about morning sickness, asking me about my diet, talking about my work travel, etc. Then we finally got to the exam. Jason and the doctor were both in a position so that they could see the ultrasound monitor but I could not. I could see that the doctor had some kind of look on her face, but I wasn't sure what it meant. She finally turned the monitor so that I could see it, and told me that we were going to have TWO babies. TWO BABIES. I just started crying, out of some combination of excitement, relief that they were not aliens, and pure fear that I somehow had to carry two babies.

It was overwhelming to see their little hearts fluttering on the screen. I only saw one of them beating. Jason said he also saw the second one. I was too busy dealing with my hysterics to catch all the details. =)

So I am a mother of two. I have no idea how I'm really going to pull this off, but I'm so thankful for my two little babies. Every now and then I talk to them. "Ok, guys, let's go face the day!" Of course, we still have no idea whether it's guys or girls or one of each.

All that to say, we're going from a family of two to a family of four in about 6 or 7 months. That still seems surreal to me.

Here is Baby A:


Here is Baby B:


Here is a pretty fuzzy image of them both in the same shot:

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Looking forward to reading more about the little Foxes. They are already beautiful babies!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll pull it off beautifully, I've seen you in action with my two!
    And can I say how excited I am to be along for the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kristi! I just hope that we can handle these two at the same time. It sounds intimidating, but gets more exciting every day.

    ReplyDelete